Tuesday 5 February 2013

Winter Wonderland


We made a skating rink! With a lake practically lapping at our front lawn, it was easy; well, maybe not for S.B., who did the bulk of the snow-removal. I haven't skated on a lake since childhood, and it feels extra surreal with the sunset and the sound of the sea crashing on the other side of the lake.



My vintage Hudson's Bay Company coat is made with 100% virgin wool and was a $40 thrift store find. I love the brown doves on the pockets and hood. It was missing a button when I bought it, but on inspection I found an extra sewn on the inner lining (I love it when designers include such courtesies). This coat rarely leaves my closet for fear I'll spill something on its whiteness, but ice skating is the perfect venue!

No comments:

Post a Comment