Wednesday 17 April 2013

Giant Sunflowers - Week One




Now that the spring breezes have melted all the snow, we've been thinking about starting a vegetable garden. I've never planted anything in my life (hell, I've never had a yard before
so I'm testing my prowess on sunflowers. I decided to start the seedlings indoors and they sprouted within a few days. Apparently these babies can grow up to 14 ft. and now I'm worried I may have started them too soon. I can't safely transfer them outside until after last frost in early June, and at this rate, they'll be busting out of their pots before then!

When I woke up a few mornings ago and saw green, I screamed my head off. "Don't you think there's something inherently creepy about plants?" I said to S.B.

He patted my shoulder and sighed, "City girls." 

No comments:

Post a Comment